- for you -
I specialize in teaching the healing and strengthening exercise systems of Pilates and
Sports Yoga, for exercise and for rehabilitation from illness or injury.
It would be my pleasure to work with you
and to be of help.
As a background to my Pilates teaching and Sports Yoga teaching, I have been personally involved intensively in sport and exercise since childhood, and professionally in teaching exercise and fitness from my teens until the present day. In addition to my certification as a Pilates Teacher and as a Sports Yoga Teacher, my advanced studies in exercise and fitness include an MSc (Distinction) and a PhD, both with research specialisation in exercise and fitness for older women; and an MSc (Distinction) in Health Education and Health Promotion.
focus particularly on:
* intensive work to develop and maintain core stability and core strength, balance, flexibility, agility, and muscular endurance
* rehabilitative exercises for various injuries including those which are sports or exercise related
* helping with postural correction and posture related pain
* post-operative rehabilitation after knee, hip, shoulder, spinal, or other types of surgery
* illnesses, such as osteoporosis, MS, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease
* helping with joint stiffness stemming from lifestyle
I teach on a one-to-one or small group basis, in my warm and comfortable home studio that I share with my Stress Management Coach and Strala Yoga Guide partner, Keith, or at an alternative suitable public venue. Having spent many years working out in cold gyms and studios, I am determined that all of my clients will be warm! Wear comfortable clothes that you can move freely in, whether it is your workout kit or lycra, or whatever. You just need to feel comfortable in what you are wearing, and most importantly, able to move freely. Having said that, I do have two provisos. First, please do not wear anything with buckles or sharp objects on them as these can tear the pads on the Pilates equipment. And second, as shoes are not allowed in the studio, I will ask you please to wear socks. My fees range from £40 down to £10 per person, per one-hour session, depending upon whether it is a one-to-one session or how many other people there are in the group. Please feel free to contact me by email or telephone (please see the Contact Information below) if you’d like to find out more about working with me. I'd love to hear from you.