Thanks for visiting my website!
Pilates and Sports Yoga
I specialize in teaching the healing and strengthening exercise systems of Pilates and
Sports Yoga, for exercise and for rehabilitation from illness or injury.
It would be my pleasure to work with you
and be of help.
As a background to my Pilates teaching and Sports Yoga teaching, I have been personally involved intensively in sport and exercise since childhood, and professionally in teaching exercise and fitness from my teens until the present day. In addition to my certification as a Pilates Teacher and as a Sports Yoga Teacher, my advanced studies in exercise and fitness include an MSc (Distinction) and a PhD, both with research specialisation in exercise and fitness for older women; and an MSc (Distinction) in Health Education and Health Promotion.
focus particularly on:
* intensive work to develop and maintain core stability and core strength, balance, flexibility, agility, and muscular endurance
* rehabilitative exercises for various injuries including those which are sports or exercise related
* helping with postural correction and posture related pain
* post-operative rehabilitation after knee, hip, shoulder, spinal, or other types of surgery
* illnesses, such as osteoporosis, MS, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease
* helping with joint stiffness stemming from lifestyle
I teach on a one-to-one or small group basis, with my fees ranging from £40 to £10 per person, per one-hour session, depending upon how many people there are in the group. Please feel free to contact me by email or telephone (please see the Contact Information opposite) if you’d like to find out more about working with me. In addition to working with private clients/groups, I currently cover Pilates equipment sessions at The Pilates Studio in Taunton, Somerset, UK.